Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Social Suppers Reviewed!!

So back in a previous post I described Social Suppers and how they can potentially add some convenience in a jam packed home life.

The family and I decided to try it out. We ordered the chicken lasagna and California veggies. On Wednesday afternoon, I got the call the supper had arrived at my building’s front desk. I thought it would be a bag just sitting on a table I would get from our receptionist. Little did I know the rep from Social Suppers was waiting for me to come down so she could explain the features… storing and cooking. I wasn’t expecting that kind of personal touch. AND, it comes in an insulated bag to keep it cool until you get home to cook it or toss it in the freezer. Pretty good so far!



We decided to go ahead and rip into it the night we got it. We followed the directions; however, at 325 degrees it took longer than 45 minutes to cook the dinner. I think the 325 for 45 minutes might be for food not already frozen. They dinner was pretty frozen when I got it. Mental note for next time… higher temp or start cooking earlier.

So we cooked it until we got a good eating temperature and dug in! Check out this spread!



Please excuse the old school college age Chiefs plastic cup by the plate of fine vittles. It’s old, it was a school night, we were tired, and we have no fine china. Deal with it. =)

Overall the meal was pretty damn good! We had enough for 3 meals for 2 adults and 1 toddler. Still working on the leftovers now! The convenience of the delivery was great as well. All I had to do was go down to our front desk and get it at 4:20. They even called me instead of me having to remember!! The price was around $35 and we got a full 3 meals for our family out of it. Close to restaurant quality food for $11.67 per meal – you can’t get that on the street! We would definitely order that meal again and would use Social Suppers for future meals. They are budget friendly, busy schedule friendly, and it tasted good! We’ll just have to adjust the cooking directions.

I’d give it 4.5 stars out of 5.



Also, check out the sale at Champs! I found my Gel 1140's at a great price FINALLY!
Champs Sports

No comments: