Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Culmination Of The Past Few Weeks

Here's a little summary of the goings-on around our house.

1. GOT NEW BIKE TUBES that fit my ZIPP 404 wheels! Since they are deep rimmed, I have to have 80mm stems to get air in them. After the Kansas IM debacle, I ordered 10 to make sure I have a ready supply! I got them from BiketiresDirect.com and they were PERFECT! Q-tubes - 80mm and removable stems! PERFECT!!!!



2. Training front - I've noticed some nice results with a subtle training goal. Weight loss. I had a problem trying to lose a few pounds for race season. You can spend $1,000's of dollars on lighter gear or you can try and lose some weight. I choose to try and lose some weight. I try to eat around 6 meals a day. Decent breakfast, small snack at 10am, decent lunch, small snack at 3pm, protein drink on the way home from work, dinner and a small snack before bed. So, to get all those meals in, it adds calories. Even food that's good for you adds calories. So, I started drinking slim fast for lunches when I didn't go out for lunch. Probably 3 to 4 days a week. If I get hungry from not having a full solids lunch, I have bananas, apple sauce, almond nuts, orange slices and anything in the healthy category to stuff in my face if I get over hungry. So far so good. I dropped from 193ish early spring to 173's this morning. 20 pounds... and it feels nice not having to lug around that extra weight while running. It's nice for biking hills but I lose some speed from the downhill momentum but I'll take it! Slim fast... the weight loss miracle. =)



3. Basement finish. It's coming along. With all we have going on, without my Dad here to dedicate multiple days to the cause, it's tough to scrape the time together to get it done. I'm on the second coat of joint compound. I need to finish up the corners and sand. Then hopefully I can get to the 3rd coat before my dad comes up for the 4th of July weekend... cross your fingers.

4. Patches the wonder Wiener Dog. So, our 6 month old dachshund and my 3 year old black lab had a run in 2 weeks ago. Patches thinks he is a big dog and can just go and eat anyone's food. Not really. RJ the lab grabbed him by the snout, shook him, and tossed him across our deck. So... Patches needed some work done. Stitches, remove some broken bones and some TLC. We took him in for the 2 week follow up yesterday and besides a tear duct problem, he should be back to 95% pretty soon. Needless to say he does not eat with the big dogs any more. They still play and there's no hard feelings but they are supervised now. Patches hangs out inside more than he did.



5. Riah updates. So, our 2 year old is working on potty training. Right now it's a little iffy. We know how to use the potty with big girl underwear but sometimes we still forget and pee on ourselves... very tragic. We have tried at daycare as well but she's been known to have 3 accidents in 45 minutes, thus concluding potty training for the day since she used up all her spare clothes. And as far as #2 goes, we're not ready for that!



We were also sicko this weekend. Projectile vomit on the couch, in the car, in the tub... it was like a sprinkler on speed. Luckily she recovered to get a good nights sleep and didn't need to get up during the night. We're now back to 100% and stepping on the surgically rebuilt patches.




Ok, man, that's all for now. Lots going on with training still going strong. Next event I believe is the Shawnee Mission Park triathlon. I've run the KCCC tri that's the same course but this will be the first year for the actual SMP Tri. Looking forward to it!

2 comments:

Christi said...

It sounds like you are keeping really busy! Sorry to hear about your puppy and your daughter. I am glad that both are healing!

KovasP said...

Wow, that's a lot! Glad you found the tubes you were looking for and plenty of replacements!