Friday, July 16, 2010

Where did the week go??

BAM it's Friday! Where did they week go? Oh ya, Albuquerque, NM. Went there for work Monday through Wednesday. That makes time fly by when you are traveling, especially when it's NOT a non-stop flight!

Thursday was full of basement work and the good ole Orkin guy. The house was hosed down outside and in and any termite within 10 yards of the house is hopefully dead! Pictures of that coming soon.

In my mad dash I forgot to get my packet for Midwest Mayhem triathlon this Sunday! Now I get to drive all the way to Lawrence tomorrow to get it. Maybe I'll work it into a lunch trip (30 minute drive from my house).

It was hard to find time for training with the travel this week. I jammed in a long run Monday morning and a swim over lunch. Luckily the hotel re-vamped their workout room and they have two, COUNT THEM TWO, treadmills. Got a nice hill workout in and worked on some abs. That got me to yesterday where I got a decent ride in and just could not pull myself out of bed this morning for a BRIK workout. I'm not too concerned as I want to make this weekend an A race so missing a Friday workout before the race isn't that big of a deal.

What is a big deal is the forecast! SCATTERED SHOWER chance Sunday... really??? CMON MAN!



On another note, check out my latest Examiner article.
EXAMINER PENGUIN PADDLE

I'll leave you with the copy of my Daily mile rant about "swimmers" at the pool I go to...
People at the pool are hacking me off.
1. If there are already 2 people in the lane, DO NOT SQUEEZE YOUR ASS in with us and especially when you DO NOT ASK.
2. I don't care how long you do it, but shifting your weight while standing in place in the water IS NOT A WORKOUT! GET OUT OF THE POOL when people are waiting TO SWIM LAPS!
3. Floating from one end of the pool to the other on the kickboard IS NOT A WORKOUT! GET OUT OF THE POOL when people are waiting TO SWIM LAPS!
4. SLOWLY walking from one end of the pool to the other IS NOT A WORKOUT! GET OUT OF THE POOL when people are waiting TO SWIM LAPS!
5. If you are spending 90% of your time standing around in the pool talking to your friends because you have nothing better to do, GET OUT OF THE POOL when people are waiting TO SWIM LAPS!

Sorry, but c'mon people!

2 comments:

KovasP said...

At 90 degrees + humidity, I would think you'd be PRAYING for rain! Have a great race.

Christi said...

Good luck at your race this weekend. I hope that the forecast is wrong!