Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Some Baklava to Keep You Warm?

So lunch ride was COLD!  We here in KC are in the middle of a little cold front and I was out at lunch like a nit wit riding.  You have to get it in when you can and I'm not a huge trainer fan, so over lunch in near freezing temps it was.



Couple thoughts.

1.  Wish I hadn't shaved down the goatee.
2.  Wish I had brought shoe covers.
3.  Glad I bought insulated work gloves from Westlake Hardware to use.
4.  Sad I forgot some facial protection.

About #4, and the pun in my post title, I forgot to bring the one balaclava (not the tasty pastry baklava) I own.  It was in the wash and I forgot to get it from the clean clothes pile.  As luck would have it I stashed a stocking cap in my bag so I had that for my ears... and thought my face couldn't get that cold.

Wrong.

It's like when you lift and do new exercises and feel muscles you didn't know you had.  I felt parts of my face I didn't think I had feeling in.  It was a little painful at times but I made it.  Is it any wonder I'm still trying to shake my cold leftovers?  It's not the smartest move but like I said, I get out when I can.

I do know this, I'm buying more balaclavas asap!





Starting at $14.95 from AMAZON.com

Starting at $17.95 from TriVillage.com

Starting at $11.99 from Buy.com


1 comment:

TRI714 said...

brave sole. Good for yu.