Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Feels like Thursday

Ever have one of those days where you just can't remember what day it is?  I keep thinking it's Thursday, not Wednesday.  Kind of screwed me up for some meetings and what not, but it's all good.


TRAINING
Last week was solid.  I was pretty happy with the way the week flowed and find it hard to chill out for a recovery week.  I even took today off for rest (GASP!) and just can't stop feeling guilty.  Don't get me wrong, I don't mind resting, but just feels odd.

KC Groundhog run coming up Sunday.  I'm shooting for a PR for the 10k.  I think my best is around 48 minutes.  "That's not all that impressive" you may say, but hey, it's my PR.  BUT, that was 2 years ago when I was around 185.  Saturday after my battle with the snow I was at 169 (ya, minus proper hydration).  Aiming for 175 race day.  Go strong or go home, right?  (eh, for you Canadians).

I also was grateful to get outside for running last weekend, but, I do enjoy treadmill work like this Active.com article.  Changes it up and you can control so much more on the treadmill.


EXAMINER
Latest stories include a look at Lance Armstrong and what he brings to the Triathlon table
Kansas City events for this weekend


I find myself daydreaming about the upcoming season at the same time hoping I'm up to the task of continuing to PR my races.  Never want to go backwards, you know?

ps - more funny phone text auto corrections:

3 comments:

Katie said...

I feel guilty on rest days as well, and enjoy a good treadmill workout based on the control too. Especially adding some incline!

Good Luck getting a 10k PR, though I'm pretty certain you've got it!! 10 lbs makes a big difference :D

RFalkenrath said...

Plus treadmill incline = no running decline on the way down = saved knees!

Yes, decreasing weight has significantly improved my running on tri's. I was not overweight but carried more muscle than I needed. Starved downa little, healthy though. =)

TRI714 said...

Good luck this weekend on th 10.