Sunday, June 12, 2011

Ironman Kansas Report - Preview

REMEMBER YOUR TRAINING, SAVE YOU IT WILL
My training paid off as the bane of my half ironman racing (the run) went according to plan today for a strong finish.  Nutrition and hydration modifications paid off!  Use the force.  If only I could say the same for the bike leg.


THANKS FOR THE PRAYERS
Thanks to all for praying for good weather.  No only did the storms miss us, we only got sprinkles around noon.  Nice cloud cover, temps in the high 60's, low 70's.  Only had to contend with wind, but I will take it!

TO MY TRI BIKE
Sorry I had to pee on you, twice, on the bike leg.  I'm ashamed but it's what had to happen.  Some guys in the post race tent were complaining of someone peeing on the bike... and I honestly wondered if it was me.  Hey, even Chrissie Wellington does it!

4 comments:

Mark said...

Nice job, and that's nasty... I at least get all my pee out on the swim!

Patrick Mahoney said...

Glad about the rain, It's looking like folks in a few parts of the country got lucky today...

Oh, and to my personal level of grossness tolerance I much rather prefer peeing in a porous tri-suit than a waterproof wetsuit.

Christi said...

Great job Ryan. I can't wait to read the full report!

TRI714 said...

I spoke to my sister who called me from the lake and she was filling me in. Great job !