Wednesday, July 13, 2011

and then you TOTALLY REDEEMED YOURSELF!

Trek Store of Kansas City - we have had out moments.  I got a great Trek Madone at an obscenely low price and we had some paint issues immediately.  It was begrudgingly resolved, and I wasn't too sure if I was a fan of the Trek shop.  The staff seemed aloof and non-responsive and overall not greatly interested in keeping the "average customer" happy.

Fast forward 2 years to Saturday and I took the Madone in for a tune-up (free at any time for the first 3 years) to correct an issue of chain or crank slippage.  Tune-up, no problem.  Disassemble the crank and clean, $30.  No biggie.  Sign me up.

Pick it up Tuesday and the bill was $60.  Um, sales tax is now 100%?  Don't think so.  Come to find out the Wrench also took off the derailer and cleaned the entire drive train.  That's great, but I wasn't informed that would happen.

I raised the question and before it went anywhere the store manager walked over and told the cash register dude to take off the additional charge since I wasn't informed up front.

That's what I'm talkin about.

"Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself! "


Trek store of Kansas City, you TOTALLY REDEEMED YOURSELF!


SALES

Get a Hurley Einstein Backpack (Multiple colors available) for $13.99 at Buy.com, a $26 Savings! Valid through 07-17-2011

All Men's Apparel 20% Off at ChampionUSA.com! Valid through 9.5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL?!?

Great one! - I can barely imagine how you looked when he told.

Yours
fatsmoker2ironman