Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Snoozed less and sprinted into training ride

So, I posted yesterday about acquiring a domain name - http://www.man-versus-triathlon.com/.  If you click it, you are redirected back to my blog.  I was experimenting with changing the blog URL but that seems to be a significant adventure when you have an established blog with a readership.  In time, the Man Vs Triathlon site will be stand alone and link back to this blog.  Stay tuned for future changes.

TRAINING
Got up, a little later than I wanted, and got my 20+ mile sprint ride in.

I had the intentions of getting a run in after for a nice BRIK this morning.  Alarm went off at 3:30 and I was actually aware enough to think "I'll just snooze once and get up".  One snooze turned into 5.  Up at 4:30.  Oops.

It's always a battle but it seems a little less difficult this week.  Yesterday was 5:30 for a recovery pool swim and today was 4:30am for some sprint intervals in the bike.  It's always invigorating to start riding before sun rise and be done after sun rise.  Good stuff.

Tomorrow is a new battle for the "War of the Snooze".  Picture me arm wrestling my alarm clock... and it's winning WITH NO ARMS!

Stats for last week, including Midwest Mayhem Triathlon.
Biking : 65.4 miles
Running : 15 miles
Swimming : 5500 yards
Total Time : 8:18

Lets see if I can top that this week!

SALES
ALL Running Shoes $59.95 Or Under! 24 Hour MEGA Sale, Ends 9:00pm 7/19.

HI-TEC Sale - Save Up To 55% On Hiking Boots, Shoes And Sandals At TheClymb.com. Event Ends 7/21/2011 At 9AM PDT.

6 comments:

Christi said...

I give you props Ryan. I could not get up that early to workout. Keep up the awesome work!

RFalkenrath said...

Thanks. It's not easy.

Anonymous said...

Put your alarm clock way across the room...it's harder to hit snooze once you are up and out of bed! (4 a.m. tomorrow and every day this week! yea! It's the ONLY time to work out in Az. this time of year!)

RFalkenrath said...

I wonder what the wife will think of the alarm across the room. =)

Anonymous said...

I guess you could run an earbud or something...heh.

emily said...

I'm going to vote no on that one... Ryan would just sleep through it, leaving ME t be the one who has to go across the room to turn it off :)

Emily