Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Should I be running more than this if I'm training for a marathon?

TRAINING
So in training news, I'm still waffling between the Kansas City Half and Full Marathon.  On one hand I've probably got plenty of recovery since The North Face Marathon in late August.  On the other hand my longest run was yesterday at 16 miles.  It's not wise to run long the weekend before so next weekend would probably be a 10 or 11 miler.

Last week my training was sidetracked for the family adventure to California, so my numbers were pretty low, but hauling kids all over the beach and Disneyland counts for a long training day, right?

Running - 24.3 miles
Riding - 0 miles - do'h
Swimming - 0.85 miles
Total time - 04:48

Should be interesting if I choose the marathon...



EXAMINER
So, if you get Active.com's email newsletter, chances are that you saw one of my examiner articles converted to Active.com format.

Here's Examiner - http://www.examiner.com/endurance-sports-in-kansas-city/the-do-s-and-do-not-s-of-commuting-to-work-on-your-bike
Here's Active.com - http://www.active.com/cycling/Articles/The-Dos-and-Donts-of-Commuting-by-Bike.htm

Which do you like better?  Active took some liberal editing changes to the article but the ideas are the same, I suppose.  =)  The active article got 239 FB likes.  Now, just need to get those people to subscribe to my Examiner page!



SALES


Teva Flash Sale - Save Up To 55% On Women's Trail Runners At TheClymb.com. Expires 10/6/2011 At 9AM PDT.

No comments: