Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Training, has it eluded you too?

With the off season comes a relaxed training atmosphere... at least around my house.

I don't have any races besides the Jingle Bell Run in December.  The next "real" race is the Groundhog Run in January 2012.  So, I have some time to dial it down a bit and focus on some speed and strength work.

I've incorporated weight lifting and X-camp classes in the workouts and shorter workouts focused on drills and tempo.

But, I'll be the first to admit, I was a bit disappointed with much my bike riding had fallen off.  Not really the performance, but just lack of miles.  For a few weeks, I was lucky to get 1 to 2 rides on the trainer or outside.  Now that the weather has turned for the cold here in KC, most rides are now on the trainer.

Well, last week I finally belted out 3 rides of 15 or more miles.  It was a mixture of working out over lunches, in the morning and at night.  Kids go down... Em coupons and I ride the trainer in the living room.

Em - "Don't you think the TV volume is up kind of loud?"
Me - "I can't hear it over the trainer.... MORE VOLUME!"

Totals from last week:
Biking - 3 rides for 59.5 miles
Running - 3 runs for 15.6 miles
Swimming - 2 swims for 4000 yards
Total Time - 7:41

Almost got my 3 of 3 in for the week!

Happy Thanksgiving and Black Friday Training!

No comments: