Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Time does fly and words of wisdom from Ferris Bueller

Add a wife, some kids and some dogs and suddenly time flies
Seems like last month I was a arrogant 24 year old racing my first on-road duathlon with no real clue of strategy or training plan.

Now, I'm worried about pace on a long run, hill repeats on the bike and squeezing every last drop of productivity out of any workout I can squeeze in between dirty diapers, sleeping and work.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying, but I'm just saying.

Just remember the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."


Lets stop and look around at last week's training numbers...
BIKING - 64 miles - I wanted more but that's what I was able to get in
RUNNING - 16.2 miles - it included the Kansas Half marathon, so I limited running to be ready for the 13.1 last Sunday
SWIMMING - 2180 yards - I only got one swim in sadly
TOTAL MILES - 83.4 - ok miles wise, but looking for more
TOTAL TIME -  08:12

In reality, I'm looking for double digit training time, but that's life.  More important things take precedence sometimes.  I can't also ignore my inability to get out of bed for AM workouts these days.  I'm not sure what the deal is... if I just screwed up the habit of getting up early, my body is needing more rest or our new bed is so comfortable that I just can't get up.  Sometimes I didn't even realize the alarm went off until after an hour of hitting snooze.

So far I have been able to get 2 AM workouts in, so hopefully the trend is swinging back.

No comments: