Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Numbers, Warrior Dash and Ruckus

Training was kicked up last week...
And I only got 10 hours in.  It's odd that I thought I was cramming in training anywhere I could and ran a half marathon, thinking for sure I had loaded up the week and when I checked the totals, it was nice to see miles over 100 for the week, but I only got in 10 hours.

Don't get me wrong, they are a quality 10 hours.  I don't do junk miles, so any time I hit the training, it's quality over quantity.

BIKING - 91 miles
RUNNING - 21.5 miles
SWIMMING - 7100 yards
TOTAL MILES - 116.5 miles
TOTAL TIME - 10:02

This week is a rest/taper week for the Kansas City Tri that was recently bought by WTC and Ironman as a part of their 5150 series.  I think they went from 600 racers in 2011 to 1400 signed up this year.  It should be interesting on crushed stone paths that maybe 3 people could fit width wise.  Long course has two laps on that... it's going to be crowded.

______________________________________________________________
On the obstacle course front...
I'm writing up a comparison of Warrior Dash and Ruckus Run.



Check out part 1 HERE.

Sign up for my feed to Examiner HERE to get part 2 and find out who I picked as the top race so far in KC.  Maybe you'll be surprised, maybe not.

Has anyone else raced these and other events?  What do you think?


Shop Top Water Sport Products at WetsuitWearhouse.com!

Shop the PUMA Spring Sale - New Sale Items Added - Savings Up To 50% Off

 

2 comments:

Mark said...

The run is going to be a joke... 1400+ people? According to their website, Olympic heats start at 7:30, sprint at 8:30. My guess is both the olympic and sprint heats should hit the run at about the same time. You might want to wear your off-road shoes and stick to the grass...

RFalkenrath said...

Hopefully it doesn't rain... cause that's really going to make it suck on those trails.