Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Is Training Peaks all that?

So, with signing up with a coach, communication about workouts it key...
Especially when you are hundreds of miles apart.  Coach Bob is up north and we work online via email, twitter, phone and now Training Peaks.


Right now, Training Peaks is not treating Coach Bob well.  I'm not sure what will come of it, but today was the first day I was able to crack the code to log in and check it out.

It seems to be useful for scheduling workouts, but it's not as intuitive as I would have thought.  Planned vs completed workouts, adjusting, adding sets and reps in, and other odds and ends took a minute to figure out.

In the past I logged everything in Garmin connect via ANT+ upload.  It was a great way to keep track and get reports.  Shows heart rate graphs and everything.

I'm not putting too much effort into TP until Coach Bob figures out which direction he will go, but I'm curious to know what other people out there use?

Not sure I'm sold on TP, but I will go with what I need to for the purpose of coaching.

2 comments:

David Criswell said...

Thanks for giving TrainingPeaks a try. Let us know if we can help at all!

Dave from TrainingPeaks

Anonymous said...

Take a look at Addaero. It has a much better interface and it is easier to use. I am sure you will be happy you looked at Addaero.

www.addaero.com