Monday, January 14, 2013

It's not about the doping...

Lance Lance Lance...
What are you doing?  First you didn't dope.  The Feds were on a witch hunt. You didn't test positive.
Now... you're going no holds barred on Oprah?

I know some people out there that are the vocal majority claim to not care or have better things to worry about, but I bet you bottom dollar that a LOT of people will be DVR'ing Oprah.  I know I will be.  Circus side show!


But what about the numbers?
Yes, I have been training... or at least working on the base miles.  I have a 5k signed up for next Sunday.  Not sure if I will be able to fit it in... but then the season starts kicking up with the much anticipated Groundhog Cave run.  Should be a good time to try and set some new PR's!

Meantime, the Kansas City Triathlon sort of went under, with the RD taking the 5150 series to Lawrence for the 5150 Kansas on May 19th.  Now, the original owners of the KC Tri took it back and are having the race on May 19th at Longview Lake.  Confused?  I am.  At least I can rest easy that I already signed up for the 5150 Kansas race, but might have considered the "new" KC Tri had they announced it earlier.  What a mess.  It's getting to be too congested for triathlons around here.


Here's the numbers...
And to prove I'm doing SOMETHING with my "free time", here they are;
BIKING - 60.5 miles
RUNNING - 15.8 miles
SWIMMING - 4.14 miles - too lazy to convert to yards to you all.  ;)
TOTAL MILES - 81
TOTAL TIME - 7:28:55

Not bad considering the demand at work, home and life in general.  I still have yet to find a balance to get back to morning workouts.  I view sleep as a necessity and forgo (or just play sleep through early alarms) AM workouts.  I try and jam some short swims over lunch and runs and rides in the basement after bed time for the kids.  Luckily the weather turned to the 40's and 50's last week so I got outside for all of my runs.  I'm not sure how this will play out for IM training, but right now I'm managing.

No comments: