Monday, April 29, 2013

2013 Kansas City Warrior Dash Obstacle Course Race Recap - 4/27/13

So this past weekend, Warrior Dash came calling to Kansas City.

3ish miles of cross country style running with 15 or so obstacles.


The weather was looking pretty good.  60's on Saturday with some spotty rain, but nothing debilitating.

In 2012, I ran the WD in 28:40 for about 8:30 minute miles.  I was hoping to better that time and have a good time in general.  I know I'm not going to bust out 6 min/mile to win the thing, but I like to be competitive, finish strong and not injure myself.

Saturday was my day at the 1pm wave.

But, as you may recall, our daughter had to have her tonsils out last week and we had an extended stay in the hospital for post-surgery issues.  There were some sleepless nights, no rest and come Saturday, we decided the time spent driving to WD, running and driving home would be better spent focusing on a long run around the house and taking care of the kiddo.  I could have transferred to Sunday, but it was the same mantra, "family comes first" and it wasn't right to leave Em with a recovering kiddo and a wild toddler boy.  On a side note, Wee Man is 2 and a half and HOLY COW he is into EVERYTHING and does not stop!  Wow... I need to bottle that up for my races.

So, Warrior Dash will have to wait for another year.

I'm trying to see if I can get my shirt or anything, or maybe transferred to 2014.  I'm not sure if they will be any more cool than WTC when they flat out pissed on me when I missed IM 70.3 Branson when my son was in the NICU.  We shall see.  I'm counting on nothing, but it would at least be cool to get my t-shirt.  I could go crawl around in the mud in the subdivision they are building by my house and have that count, right?

No comments: