Thursday, April 22, 2010

BEST STORIES CONTEST!

Ok folks, it's time to wake up and stop being "just a reader!". It's time for participation!

We've all had those issues pre-race... you know, having to go... whether it be throughout pre-race prep, on the beach waiting for your heat to start, in the water waiting for the gun or coming out of the water in to the bike.



My last race (Kansas 1/2 Marathon) provided some interesting logistics of the port-a-potties to race start location. I made the #2 stop at packet pickup and #1 happened at some lucky trees along a little creek area. It worked out great, luckily. For some other people at the race (who will remain nameless), it didn't work out so great. A call from nature resulted in missing the gun which resulted in no recorded time... oops.

I know more multisport athletes have those stories. Now's the time to share! Comment on this post with your favorite nature story (cliff notes version) and I'll post the stories for other readers to vote on! Too embarrassing? Don't want others to know your story? No problem. Note on the post you want it to be anonymous when posted and you're comment will not be published and the post will be anonymous.

Entries will be accepted until 5pm central time on May 2. At that time I will post the stores (G rated) for comment votes. Simply comment on the post and pick your favorite story.

What do I get if I win, you ask? YOU GET... drum roll... any pair of socks from ($12 max) Sockguy.com. If you are the winner, I'll send you a message that you won and ask you to message me with the socks you want and the address to ship them to!

Sockguy.com isn't one of my affiliates, but they have some of the more fun socks out there!



Voting will run from May3rd-ish to 5pm May 14th.

Start sending your entries in now, g-rated and check your modesty at the door!

1 comment:

Roy S. said...

I received some great advice from a seasoned Ironman friend/mentor of mine regarding nature's call on the bike leg: don't stop for a #1 - just get up off your saddle, relax, and let it go. I wasn't sure I could actually do that, but it turns out it was excellent advice and worked. What she assumed I'd know, but didn't actually mention, was that I should move the water bottle out of the seat tube cage before trying it. D'oh.