Wednesday, August 25, 2010

2011 Race Schedule... already?

So, quietly I have been formulating my wish list race season for next year. I test my wife every now and again to gage how she'll take it. Some days good, some days I get a look like I have a 3rd eye or antlers growing out of my head.

But, it's odd (and I think a lot of multisporters do it) that the 2010 season isn't over for me and I'm already planning 2011. Maybe it's to keep that fire going to motivate me to keep training. Maybe it's the thrill of finding new challenges... or maybe I'm just nucking futs.

I guess partly this is going on now is that next weekend is the Midwest Meltdown Tri and usually ends the racing season. Shameless plug - I'm still trying to raise money for Train 4 Autism and only have $20 thus far... help help, gimmie gimmie. =) This year, I still have IM Branson so I guess it's not really sunk in. Maybe I'll go that race and be good for while? It did take me like 4 months to think about another 1/2 IM after Kansas in 2009.

But, 2011 I'm eyeing IM KS in June, IM Boulder in early August and Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race in mid August. After doing a story on Levi winning this year and finding another story about a dude that's riding a full IM on a single speed BMX to prove anyone can do it, I figured a 100 mile mtn bike race is off the beaten path, so to speak.

I floated that idea past my wife over lunch... it went something like this:
Me "IM KS in June, IM Boulder in August and LV 100 in August..."
Wife "when do we have time for the divorce?"
Me "July looks open..."

She's a good sport.

=)

2 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

Actually I don't think July will be open...don't you have to do tons of MTB hill repeats or something that month?

At least you had the class to tell her in person. I emailed my wife when I decided to sign up for the 2011 IM 70.3 Hawaii last week

Christi said...

Good luck with the remainder of your year! I have been thinking about 2011 also but I have not made any decisions yet. I was thinking IM Boulder so maybe I will see ya!