Friday, August 27, 2010

Friday Jam Day - Falkee Invitational Triathlon

So, overslept (more like over snoozed) yesterday morning and figured I would make up the light BRIK in the evening on the treadmill and trainer in the new office in the basement. Didn't happen. Sooooo I did pretty much a triathlon this morning. Albeit not in the right order, but 10.3 mile bike, 3 mile run and 2000 yard swim. I got first! Of course, no one else knew we were racing.

I did get 6:59 minute miles this morning for my BRIK, though! Stoked about that given the fact all I had were GU chomps to operate on. Running low on GU gel so I conserved for the sprint Tri Sunday.

Man it was a chilly run this morning! Had some base layers and gloves for the ride and started shivering towards the end of the swim. Lost too much body fat maybe? My wife said I needed more body fat, much like SteveInASpeedo.

Speaking if which, Emily has been home ALL WEEK! Shhh don't jinx it. We have home health coming over to give her fluids but her veins are now getting shot because she has had to have so many IV's... kind of like a crack head but for a good reason. Thanks for all of the well wishes on the comments!

Next week needs to be a big week volume wise for training. After that it's taper for Branson and then I play the rest of the season by ear after kiddo 2 pops out and we get a rhythm going.

On top tonight is some chillin watching some sad Chiefs. 0-2 in pre-season and D Bowe I don't think had a catch... or if he does it wasn't big enough to notice. Hopefully they stink again and I can get lower level for $25 a ticket! Nothing like cheap bad football. Kind of like old warm beer.

I'll leave you with some Examiner articles and the Garmin report of my sweet BRIK run this morning. I wish I would have worn the heart rate strap but I'm not used to using it so I forgot it.

KAYAKER ATTACKED BY FLYING CARP
MORE ON LEADVILLE 100
KC EVENTS THIS WEEKEND

No comments: