Friday, August 6, 2010

Items Brewing in the Pot

So some latest developments...

1. Got some new swim gear! No longer swimming with my busted and glued swim paddles! Got some new Speedo swim paddles and LOVING them! It worked out nicely that my health insurance allows credit for physical activities. Training for 2 1/2 IM's allowed me to collect a few points... and I cashed them in raiding my Amazon Store for swim paddles and a swim buoy. Swam Friday over lunch and instead of 300o yards in 58 minutes, I did 3000 yards in 55:30 minutes... I would like to think I did all that myself but using a swim buoy instead of the foam pool weight dumb bells probably helped.






2. Joined Train 4 Autism for my upcoming sprint race at Midwest Meltdown. Shameless plug - if you have ever dealt with autism for you, a loved one, or acquaintance, please think about donating for the cause. Even it's $5, it helps! Currently my 2 year daughter is very healthy and we pray that kiddo #2 on the way will be healthy as well. My friend Tony's story about he and his son inspired me to joint the cause with my athletic abilities.

3. Hospital visit 3 for pregnancy #2. Emily has been having issues keeping water and food on board so she's checked in to get some fluids and monitoring to make sure thing stay ok. No emergencies.... yet.



4. In addition to the training, we got to hit up a lake with my friends Mike and Renee on their new hot rod boat. Seats like 100 and is one sweet water skimmer! I got out and hit the wakeboard and now I'm paying for it. I'm not super sore but I definitely feel it in the back and arms.

5. Got around 9 hours in this weekend. I hit Longview lake for a couple of loops and met up with Chris P from Beginner Triathlete.com. He smoked me on the hills and from my trusty Garmin the last lap I rode with Chris was my fastest split. Thanks for pulling!

Now, for a 12 hour week this week! Oh where to find the time!





6. Some latest Examiner articles.
APPLE MAKING BIKE COMPUTER?

TEST RIDE A CERVELO REVIEW

OPEN WATER SWIM SPOTS IN KC

4 comments:

Christi said...

I am sorry to hear your wife is still having problems. I hope she gets better very soon!

FLATOUT JIM said...

New Shwag always makes you go faster.

Hope mom feels better soon. It sucks when you have a legitimate excuse to eat, and can't.

Unknown said...

You must be in impeccable shape judging from your heart rate on the bike ride. ;-)

That looks like a nice loop, maybe I'll tri that sometime this month.

RFalkenrath said...

I wish I could claim that but that was a heart rate monitor that I picked up when I passed a guy on an uphill climb. Wish I knew how to get rid of it off the data... =) If only. 25bpm average, I'd be dead.