Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Busy Busy Weekend

Tis the season! The temps here in KC are letting up and we can get a taste of fall here and there. Makes for some cold morning training rides. It's a little sad reading all the season wrap ups on peeps' blogs. Most people don't race much into the fall unless they are going for mountain biking or cyclocross. I find myself looking at cyclocross, but we need to get past kid #2 coming and see what happens.

Speaking of, not only was this to be the largest training weekend yet, but I needed to jam in some house re-arranging, cleaning, replacing appliances all with the threat of child #2 birth at any moment!

I got in a 43 mile ride, 11 mile run (Garmin died 5 minutes into it so I went by time and MapMyRun.com - kind of neat) and a 20 mile trainer hill workout. It was more of a distance weekend than intensity. But, I got most of my goal in. Layers was the theme for the bike ride Saturday morning. It was chilly!



Basement room officially complete. I'd show a picture but it's embarrassing how jam packed it is... with a treadmill and bike trainer spot, every nook and cranny is filled. Baby 2 room is now housing baby gear only. No computer cables or old text books. Word to the wise, keep paint on hand for touch up. My touch up paint was old and now it's a spotted room. We will eventually re-paint, but lets worry about making sure they kid has a room to come home to!

Ignore the spots on the wall....



5 hours of hard work and the carpet is now CLEAN! Steamed the crap out of it (literally after the puppy we got in March was finally potty trained). I had some before and after pictures, but lost em. It's nice not to be creeped out walking on your own carpet!

Fall also brings fantasy football! Had a draft Sunday and 2 more tonight. 8pm and 9pm. My wife is thrilled...

Latest Examiner Article about a Dude dieing after the Virginia Beach 1/2 Marathon. Scary.

2 comments:

KovasP said...

Nice weekend of working out! So exciting that the baby's room is ready.

Christi said...

The room looks great!