Friday, September 10, 2010

Weekend Coming, No New Baby Yet

So we went in Wednesday evening thinking this was it! Well, it kind of was. Dilated to 4-5cm, and good contractions going but the OB that we use and that was on call at the hospital when we went in decided they were not going to help in any way and if my wife wanted to have a kid, she was on her own. So, stuck at 4-5cm we went home. We're not happy with the OB. My wife cannot really function dilated to 4-5cm while still having sporadic contractions and throwing up all the time. Actually we're kind of pissed with our OB that she couldn't even come by in person and assess my wife. She's portrayed herself as disinterested and doesn't really communicate what the plan is. If it wasn't too late, we'd change OB's.

At any rate Emily is home suffering and I came into work today since there's no point in talking with our doctor or going into the hospital. Did I mention we're a little pissed?

Room and now parents are ready to get him here.

Keeping up with taper for Branson but in the back of my mind I wonder if I will get to do it. If Emily goes into labor any time Friday, I'll stay home and ditch Branson and hope the RD will let me transfer it to next year or something. We shall see. at least all this action keeps me away from focusing on worrying about tapering and wanting to train more than I should.

I'll also me missing out on the Wakarusa Off Road Challenge tomorrow and the Patriot's Run here in Olathe. I kind of wanted to do one or the other but we have to pick and choose where the funds go at the moment and IM Boulder just opened up. One race at a time, right?

That's all for now... hopefully the next post is about a new baby!

2 comments:

KovasP said...

Good luck to you and Emily! Bummer about the OB (or is it the SOB?).

FLATOUT JIM said...

My wife went into labour on a Wednesday, our son was born on Friday supper time.

But for the life of brian, don't tell your wife that.