Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Busy week

Well, Branson IM is officially out. Liam decided he wanted to escalate his stay in the hospital and is riding it out in the NICU. He's been there since 3 hours after birth and if things go well, he's sprung Saturday. Some transition issues and difficulty breathing were the main causes. Needless to say he's more important that swimming, biking and running 70.3 miles. Once things settle down, I may run my own Liam 70.3 invitational at home. Who knows.

Priceline was awesome and fully refunded my hotel with the circumstances... however the IRONMAN people haven't contacted me after I sent them a message through the website and the RD that sends out the emails. Hopefully they are receptive to the situation as I would like to defer to next year and still eventually do the race...

But, the taper has been called off. Now I'm transitioning to off season of weights and base maintaining. Hopefully the weather cooperates and I can get back to my original biking love of mountain biking.

May also look into P90X or cross training to build up strength over the winter. Anyone had any luck with either?

3 comments:

KovasP said...

Good luck to Liam! Our 3rd was in NICU for 10 days with fluid in his lungs, pretty nerve-wracking but now he's as wild as his brother and sister so no harm done.

Christi said...

I hope Liam gets well very quickly!

Kathleen said...

Hear's hoping that Liam gets sprung from the hospital this weekend.