Friday, September 24, 2010

"Injuries" and 2011 Season

So, since my season was ended "early" this year I just haven't experienced the "burn out" I have in the past. Flatting at KS IM, Heritage Park rained out for the swim and Shawnee Mission Park stormed out. I didn't run the KCCC triathlon due to a family reunion conflict and Kiddo 2 in the NICU squashed IM Branson. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. But, of all the years, I was most prepared thus far this year to get after it.

So, it really has not been that hard to find the motivation to keep training right now. It still feels like season training. I've also started eyeing my 2011 events. Here's my partial list (maybe full list if my wife is reading....)

Rock the Parkway 1/2 Marathon - 4/2/11
God's Country Off Road Duathlon - TBD
Groundhog Run 10k - 1/30/11
Trolley Run 4 Mile - 4/17/11
Hospital Hill 1/2 Marathon - 6/4/11
KC Triathlon Olympic Distance - TBD
Kansas 1/2 Ironman (pending how I feel about IM events at that point) - 6/12/11
Midwest Meltdown Sprint Tri - TBD
Boulder 1/2 Ironman - already signed up - 8/7/11
Leadville 100 Mountain Bike Race - 8/13/11 - this could be a stretch but I so want to race this!
Jackson County Triathlon Long Course - TBD
Kansas City Marathon - TBD

Too much? Naaaaa =)

Also, suffering through more black toes with marathon training for KC marathon this year. My toenails have fallen off so much and are so disfigured that they will never be the same. Hideous I think is the proper adjective. Even my 2 year old looks and says "ew dadddy owey toes..."

4 comments:

KovasP said...

I didn't realize that people lost toes for marathon training, only heard of it for ultrarunners. Maybe a change of shoes is in order?

RFalkenrath said...

I'm a toe clincher when I run.. bad habit and the shoes I use have been the best thus far. I can live with nasty toes. Just hope the family can. =)

Christi said...

See ya in Boulder! I hope the toes heal soon1

Kathleen said...

Having done Boulder 70.3 this year, if you have any questions about it let me know. Maybe I will have the answer.