Tuesday, September 21, 2010

What day is it?

It feels like a weekend day... took today off to be home with the new addition. He's home, doing good and keeping us up! My wife has been great trying to keep him under control at night so I can sleep and take on our 2 year old all day (sleeps all day, parties all night like he's in college already). The triathlon blog is more like the kiddo blog these days. Here's the latest shot of him hamming it up from our photographer (and college friend) www.photographybybrandi.com- does GREAT WORK!:



Peed on me 3 times before we got this shot. Stinker.

Trying to keep things "normal" but that's hard to do while trying to keep up with work on a limited basis and a newborn added to a toddler (sick one at that) at home. Tack on training and I'm toast. Managed 7 hours last week but a lot was spent on the bike trainer and treadmill in case reinforcements were needed on the home front.

The snooze button is killing me as well. With spotty sleep these days it's hard to get up at 4:30am to run or bike (forget swimming at the moment). Made it up today for a bike ride so hopefully we can keep it up. I'm aiming for the KC marathon as a consolation to missing the Branson 1/2 IM I had to back out of last weekend so i need to get a couple distance runs in... THAT should be interesting.

I also competed in a consolation event this weekend... punt, pass and kick for adults. You read that right! Kicked and punted in high school but they didn't let us wear cleats so it was a little rough. But hey, 9th out of 27 isn't horrible after not touching a football for like 4 years!



And, a friend sent me a link to a "do's and don'ts" website for some learnin on how to handle babies... thought I'd share the important tips.

Here's my latest Examiner article about the Fourmile Fire and the Boulder Marathon.







3 comments:

Patrick Mahoney said...

Oh man, congrats to you and your wife. Such an amazing addition to the family...

Christi said...

Great pic of your son! He is a adorable!

I love the do's and dont's of childcare!

FYI, I heard the course in Branson was very difficult! We better hit it next year!

KovasP said...

4 kids and I'm still doing a lot of those "No"s, bummer. Thanks for the laugh.