Friday, October 22, 2010

One Week = Couple Year's Worth of Stuff

TRAINING
Since KC marathon, I've intentionally tried to stay with a workout program with rest days (like whole days off!) mixed in.  I want to keep a pattern and structure but also let the ole legs recover.  I don't really have any races on tap until next year, but I might seek out a local 1/2 marathon or 10k for something to keep the motivation up.  I've also been trying to get some mountain biking in, had my bike in my truck once day... never made it to the trails.  That reason will come out later.

I was joking with a fellow Twitterer (http://twitter.com/KCatchMeIfUCan) about creating a winter marathon here in KC.  Polar Bear Marathon.  Run it on a high school track to add more pain.  Sponsor it by Cold Stone Ice Cream and Diary Queen!  Boo ya... just need to make a Facebook page and I'm off and running!

PUBLICATIONS - EVERYMANTRI.COM ADDED


EveryManTri.com has contacted me about contributing to their online content!  I've already published one article and looking to add 2 a week.  Please drop by and check them out and work up some following, if you like the stories (that's a given, right?).  That ties in closely with my Examiner work, but the stories will be more national on EveryManTri.  Here's a link to my first article about a performance supplement named EPO-BOOST that's showing up in a handful of multisport magazines.

PUBLICATIONS - EXAMINER.COM
Couple of articles this week for perusal!
Bike Brakes Recall
Why Can't KC Have Bike Laws Like OK?
Training and Time Management
WTC Making Waves?
Kansas City Marathon Getting National Recognition?
Events Around Kansas City This Weekend
Endurance Supplements

FAMILY
Little Liam went to the hospital yet again.  I'm starting to think he likes it there.  This time they had some answers for us.  Today he had surgery to correct some issues in his throat that constricted his airway.  He came out doing well and once he got on some pain meds afterwards, he was doing good.  It was a straight forward surgery going down his throat so hopefully we get him home soon without complications.  Hopefully this is the end of the process and we can move forward.  I know for one that I'm worn out on him going in and poor Emily is worn out being with him in the hospital while I cover the 2 year old and the home front.  We need him home asap!  =)

2 comments:

Christi said...

Congrats on the everymantri gig!! That is awesome! I like their website and visit it often.

I love your winter marathon idea. I hope it comes to fruition and if I lived closer I would be there!

Sorry about Liam (I really love that name) I hope he gets better real soon!

Christi said...

Congrats on the everymantri gig!! That is awesome! I like their website and visit it often.

I love your winter marathon idea. I hope it comes to fruition and if I lived closer I would be there!

Sorry about Liam (I really love that name) I hope he gets better real soon!