Friday, November 5, 2010

FRRRRRRIIIIIIIDDDDDAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Always like a Friday, unless I have to work on the weekend.  =\

TRAINING
Having a 2 year old and an infant make it difficult to balance training.  Just ask my wife.  Many o discussions about how to work it out.  I'm utilizing my lunches more because
1.  Work schedule isn't CRAMMED so I can come in earlier and get it on over lunch
2.  It's getting too cold to try and ride a bike outside without sunlight
3.  It's way too hard to get out of bed to work out in the AM.
Maybe when daylight savings hits I can get some sunlight going and get moving.

Trying to get some speed work in the pool to add to my endurance developed over this season.  It's not very comfortable but you know what they say, you can't get faster unless you train faster.


EXAMINER ARTICLES
Chilean Miner Runs NYC Marathon, Will he Bonk?
Evolution of Social Media Gives Us a Way to Keep WTC in Check
Kansas City Events This Weekend
IM 70.3 Events Open Up & Midwest Tri Series Dates


EVERYMANTRI.COM ARTICLES
The power of social media shakes Ironman to the core
How to protect one of the least appreciated, but most important racing tools you own


PRODUCT REVIEW
Monk Pak review coming soon!  Need to snap some quality pics and post will be coming asap!




FANTASY FOOTBALL
I don't know what happened but one league I only scored 22 points before MNF.  Peyton Manning got me 21+ but that wasn't enough to catch the guys I played as he only scored 48 points.  LAME.

Yahoo League 1 : I'm 3-5, sad record but first place in my division!  One division with 4 teams all at 3-5.  How lucky is that!?  Just traded for Randy Moss so hopefully he likes the lunch at the Titans place!

Yahoo League 2 : I'm 5-3.  By far the best performance and I need to keep it up.

CBS League :  I'm 4-4.  I was looking good at 4-2 but I'm slipping.  Joseph Addia is killing me sitting on the bench with his neck injury.  Tough it out and get out there!  =)

WEEKEND
Celebrating 3 years with the wife!  To think, 3 years and we are both still sane and we are keeping our kids alive!  Would have never thunk it.  Anniversary is later but she is working that weekend so we are celebrating now.  Dumping the kids off and doing something without them.  HOLY COW!  I don't think we have spent any time with each other since Liam was born about 8 weeks ago!  Should be fun.
 
 
CHARITY / CHALLENGE
A while back I introduced the CHALLENGE.  The end of October has come and gone and I need to go back and see where it sits.  It's not earth shattering but should be a decent donation to someone's cause.  Since it didn't reach the levels that would make it worth my time to divide it up, I'm going to draw a charity at random and donate the percentage of what I earned.  Stay tuned for the results.
 
 
Have a good weekend!

4 comments:

Jason said...

I don't know of many FFB leagues where one team is pulling away b/c this has been one crazy year.

Congrats on the anniversary. Great news and enjoy the time alone.

And again thanks for tweeting MMNorthDallas. Huge.

Christi said...

Happy Anniversary to you and the wife! I hope you have a great date night!

Caratunk Girl said...

OK you have a 2 year old AND an infant and you find time to train? You are my hero.

I have been having the same problem with getting up early because of the daylight. Sucks. Do you have a trainer for your bike?? I know it sucks, but once it gets dark and cold like this it turns into my only option to stay in bike shape.

RFalkenrath said...

I do have a trainer but riding it is like pulling teeth. I've been creative and ride around work over lunch. Works well so far.