Friday, November 19, 2010

HOLY EMBROCATION CREME BATMAN!

Dammit Jim, I'm a Triathlete, not a chemist!

So, went for a brisk morning run... and wanted to try my new embrocation creme to keep the legs and feet warm.  Ya, needed to plan that out better.  If you want to keep something warm, embrocation creme is where it's at.  But, better be prepared to deal with the after affects after you are done working out if it's less than two hours.  My feet and legs felt like someone was raking them and pointing a hair dryer on high at them from point blank range.  HOLY CRAP!  I spent 20 minutes trying wash as much off as possible in the shower (note to self - rubbing makes it A LOT WORSE!).  Then I was walking around with red fire legs in my boxers trying to get ready for work this morning.  I did not use that much to begin with, thank God!

You know that scene in Dumb and Dumber where they eat the red pepper?  That's what I felt like, but it was my legs and there was nothing I could do about it!



Some of you that have used this stuff may think, well ya, duh.  Never used it before.  I need to dilute it or something.  I didn't use that much at all and it was ENOUGH!  Thank goodness it was JUST legs and feet.  An hour being at work and it's finally manageable, almost pleasant.

1.  Less is more
2.  KEEP AWAY FROM DELICATE SKIN!  I was smart enough to keep it away from the crotchal region
3.  Cold water, soap, one time.. and then let it go away - you will suffer while you shower the rest of your body
4.  Don't use in places of friction - top of feet, ankles by sock line, etc
5.  Be prepared to suffer

Jason, thanks for the tip!  Now... I just need to plan on how to use this nuclear waste effectively as not to go to work with tears in my eyes.

Definitely made me not notice the 8 miles in the cold this morning.  Probably like the strategy of kicking someone in the shin to make them stop thinking about their headache...


EXAMINER
Don't feel guilty about occasionally snoozing through a workout

Have a good weekend!  I plan to enjoy the 70 degree day here in KC Sunday!  Maybe the Chiefs game, too.

6 comments:

TRI714 said...

Go Chiefs !! Um that stuff sounds a bit extreme. But You guys have some extreme weather soooooooo I get it.

TRI714 said...

Go Cheifs, That's some hot stuff that I want no part of.

Christi said...

I have never tried the stuff and your story does not make me want to run out and try it!

I hope the little ones are well!

Jason said...

OK, I am laughing for two reasons. One is not nice in that I am laughing at your suffering, but the other is Dumb and Dumber. Favorite comedy movie of all time.

Unknown said...

Dooood! You needed to do more research on the interwebz before applying the embro. Tip 1: Rubbing alcohol takes it right off. If that doesn't work, Witch Hazel will.
Tip 2: Always go with a mild version. Never start out with the hot stuff. Tip 3: You don't need hardly any to get the appropriate effect. Tip 4: Don't give the cyclists more reason to laugh at you tri geeks. ;-)

RFalkenrath said...

Chris, where were you at 4:30am this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!