Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another Week, Another Hospital Stay

So my main man Liam went in yesterday for yet another surgery.  Basically same as before since the first surgery on his throat healed so well it didn't even look like he had the first one.  He came through with some swelling issues and we survived some not-so-great nursing to get him back home tonight.  Now we begin the decompression of the extra fluids they gave him for surgery to boost his pressures under sedation and makes him look like a Macy's T-day float!

TRAINING
I've moved indoors.  Bleh.  I'm not a trainer ride person.  But, seeing that I was manning the home front while Emily was manning the hospital, any workouts had to be at home on the trainer.  So spin away I did...  wooo hooo.  They only thing I can say was that I was surprised to see my averages.  I was at 18.5 mph Tuesday and 19.1 mph this morning.  Last year was a struggle to keep 18.  Of course I'm living without the Garmin so I had to scrounge up a bike computer from the garage.  It worked for the most part but I'm not sure if it was set up right for my wheel size.

OH, side note, the spoke with the magnet was LOOSE!  I've never witnessed that.  MAKE SURE YOU TIGHTEN YOUR SPOKES!  I hate to think I was out there on a loose spoke.  Break one of those and you are looking at some rim problems.

We shall see about getting some riding in this weekend when it's 66 degrees outside.  SaaaaaWeeet!



EXAMINER
KC events this weekend
Illness take you out of your race? - Nothing against Chrissie Wellington dropping out of Kona from illness, but would you?  Do you skip races to get better?


EVERYMANTRI.COM
Illness Article with Chrissie Wellington


FAMILY
Just what I mentioned above.  Liam is heading home so hopefully this is of the end of his problems.  Probably not but we can hope!


FANTASY FOOTBALL
Pulled a couple wins out last weekend that I didn't think I would get.
Fred Jackson helped me out in both wins.  Peyton... did not help me.  He needs to pick it up.

Overall 16-14

Yahoo league 1 : 7-3 : I'm starting to pull away but they are close calls.  I have Phillip Rivers and he was on a bye last week but Hines Ward went down and some other randoms produced like 1 or 2 points.  Thank you Fred Jackson!

Yahoo league 2 : 4-6 : It's time to start flushing... Peyton manning is killing me.  My team performs well but I need 20 points, not 7.

CBS league : 5-5 : Still alive.  Won by two points last weekend.  Hines Ward hurt me here, too.  Not to mention Peyton Manning.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on increasing your speed!