Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wednesday Hump Day

Some weeks just seem to grind and blend into all of the other weeks.  Non-sleeping kids on the home front also add to the GRIND part of that.

TRAINING
Getting it done.  I'm adding more speed work (threshold runs, swim sprints) to get faster during the non-race season.  I don't call it off-season because I realized 2 years ago if you have an "off-season" and just putz around and you want to have goals that surpass last year, you need to be running, swimming and biking year round.  I have an Examiner article below where I spoke on that a little bit.

I've been cramming lunch rides in to take advantage of the weather around here.  It's not too long before we'll be looking at 20's for the high so when it's 70's in mid-November, I'm out there when I can be!

The wife is also working this weekend so I can't really get any distance in this weekend to I'm trying to get it all in during the week and use the weekend for recovery.  I'll let you know how that goes.  =)

EXAMINER
Article on Active.com take on speed training.
Edison Pena (trapped Chilean Miner) finishes NYC Marathon, barely.

EVERYMANTRI.COM
Edison Pena finishes NYC Marathon

FALKEE TRIATHLON
New Sponsor!  Rudy Project has been added to the list!  Some athletes have shown interest in joining so get in while the getting is good!


FAMILY
Liam is still hospital free.  He went in to the ENT and they think MAYBE he will need another surgery for his throat.  We are trying some different formulas and inhalers to avoid that, but at this point it would not surprise me.  That boy loves the hospital gig.

And now kiddo #1 is waking up non-stop at night.  She was up from 1am to 3am and I cover her while Mom covers Liam.  She used to sleep all night with no problem and now needs the door open and a hallway bathroom light on.  Anyone else have this problem?  Solutions?


5 comments:

Jason said...

Our 4 year old sleeps with a small light on all night. He used to run into room but that has stopped at this point and it was just perserverance in getting him back in his own bed. We tried gifts and the such but that didn't work and it was just a matter of time.

Becky H said...

My daughter started wanting a light on and the door left open when she turned three, my son never needed that so I thought it was weird...

I agree with the perseverance comment by Jason, when they get up, deal with the issue, back into bed. It's small consolation, but generally if they've been sleeping through the night, they will go back, but sleep is so precious!! Good luck!

TRI714 said...

good for you on the training, take care of those kiddo's.
I have family in Lawrence KS and you are starting to get cold, suck up that weather now.

Patrick Mahoney said...

Our son would wake up every night and come into our room for about a year, but in the last 6 weeks or so, it's less than half the time now. We didn't do anything, I think he is starting to appreciate his room, the star wars sheets and the dogs sleeping in there on his own...just growing out of it.

PS his alarm clock is set for a half hour later, I think that's got something to do with it too.

Christi said...

Congrats on the new sponsor! I love my Rudy glasses!