Thursday, November 11, 2010

Is it Friday yet?

This has been the longest week.  Maybe it's the kids getting up at all hours, maybe it's daylight savings time, maybe it's trying to fit a full week of training into 5 days... or maybe it's just a long week??


TRAINING
I actually got up to get 27 miles in on the bike this morning.  This could be the end of temps being acceptable (above 40) enough to ride during the morning.  I tried working some sprints on a road I know well so speeding in the dark wouldn't be as daunting.  It was a little depressed to see the average speed was sad and slow.  If I didn't know better, I'd say I have lost some speed, which sucks.  Maybe it's working out in the cold, maybe it's being tired.

It's always interesting to look at the Garmin mapping to look at the sprint sections.  You can see my one street I rode and the speed up for sprint and slow down for recovery back to the other end.




EXAMINER.COM
Kansas City Events This Weekend


EVERYMANTRI.COM
Endurance Athletes : Get Organized and Get Fast


FALKEE TRIATHLON
In addition to adding sponsors, I have added a new athlete!  Welcome Gregg Pellicone from Indy.  Check out his blog at www.conepile.blogspot.com!

I am looking to add more athletes and sponsors by the end of the year!  If you know anyone interested than pass the info along!

Also, here's me with the Monk Pak!  Stupendous, right?



FAMILY
Seems the consensus on the toddler that refuses to sleep all night is to tough it out.  No one had a miracle cure.  Thanks for all of the responses.  Sadly, they all were the same answer.  Time.  Argh.

Little man is on soy milk now.  He seems to be doing better and hopefully the little ear infection and lung virus the Dr said he might have won't give him much trouble.  He can't win for losing.  At least we are another week without a hospital visit!  And, he's officially 1 month old.  Feels like he should be 21 which how much we have crammed in with him.


FANTASY FOOTBALL
For those of you keeping score, I'm 14-13 after 9 weeks.

YAHOO League 1 : 6-3 Had a good showing from C Bensen from the Bungels and got me a nice win.  San Diego's Rivers is on a bye so I'm stretching with starting Vince Young.  Throw the ball to Randy Moss early and often!

YAHOO League 2 : 4-5 I managed to eek out a win and stay first in my division with a losing record.  That's probably the only way I will make the playoffs... if my division keeps sucking!

CBS : 4-5  Not going good.  Another lousy week.  I need some running backs and Shonne Green has been a bust with the Jets!  C'mon man!

If there's enough interest, I might start up a Blogger / Twitter league for online bragging rights.  You can never play too much FFB!!!

No comments: