Friday, December 3, 2010

Friday is the New Sunday

You know that feeling on Sunday?  The feeling that ya, today is a day off, but you know Monday is coming and you get to go back to work the next day?  That's what my Friday's have turned into.

Let me explain.  Emily has been working a lot of weekends as of late and I'm on dad patrol of a 2 month old and a 2 year old Satudays and Sundays.  Those with kids know that they are a full time job, especially if it's one parent to two kids.  So I have the day job, and the weekend job.  ;0)  Like most stay at home moms say, "I work full time and don't get paid".

While I love my kids and don't take for granted my wife watching them during the week, that's a tall order for a OCD gotta get stuff done person like myself.  Most of my to-do's probably aren't life or death, but my personality is such that I like to check things off the list.

Two kids are full time action.  But you could also say I'm lucky to get the one on one time I do.  Just wish I had a little more sleep to work with.  =o)

Wake up, eat, poop, finish eating, burp, sit around for 10 minutes, fuss, cry, hold him, sleep for 20 minutes, wake up and repeat... and that's just me!  What?


TRAINING
Cycling - 32 miles so far
Running - 8.5 miles so far
Swimming - 6500 yards
Hoping for a trainer ride tonight before bed time and a long run tomorrow.  We shall see if that happens as planned.  =)


EXAMINER
Kansas City Events Early Bird Pricing
Kansas City Santa Run
Running at Night Tips Part 1
Running at Night Tips Part 2


EVERYMAN TRI
Get Faster On The Bike - Weight vs Gear


FALKEE TRIATHLON
Added Smartmount as a new sponsor on Falkee Triathlon!


I also ordered my first shipment of Grease Monkey Wipes!  I'm excited to get them in and try them out on my nasty garage and dirty bikes!


FAMILY
So far so good on the home front.  Liam had an appointment yesterday and we are looking at options that include surgery for his reflux problems.  I'm not a fan of more surgeries so we have a consult next Tuesday to find out more info.  Hopefully we can get a good direction to go.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!  Also, don't miss out on the email newsletter sign up and get your 24% off code for Champs Sports!  If you tweet at me on twitter "I want some good stuff from XTERRA" I'll shoot you a code for 25% off XTERRA running shoes!

3 comments:

Christi said...

Diaper Dad duty is not fun but enjoy it while they are young because they grow up real fast!

TRI714 said...

Sounds like Ian and I have allot of the same daily habits :) Jus sayin. Have a good run, and good luck on the speed soccer.

TRI714 said...

Liam and I have allot of the same daily habits. Have fun on the run.