Monday, December 6, 2010

Made it up this morning!

So I actually got out of bed on time this morning for my trainer ride.
Yeah getting morning workout in.
Boo for having to ride inside on a trainer.
Boo for 17 degree mornings and no snow to show for it.  Either snow and 17 degrees, or sunny and 75.  Pick one, mother nature!

TRAINING
31.75 miles cycling
17.43 miles running
6500 yard swimming
7.4 hours
I got in a nice 9 miler Saturday (brrrrrrr) and rest was on tap for the weekend minus the soccer game Sunday.  It's nice cross training and I think my abdominal injury from last year has heeled up as I don't have pain the day after soccer these days!  Yeah for not being too old to play!

We are looking at 40+ degrees here in KC towards Wed, Thur and Friday.  Hoping to get some bike rides and runs outside over lunch!



FAMILY / LIFE
It's not really family per say, but I just got wind that KDOT is looking to redesign a major highway interchange that I drive daily.  As it stands right now, as long as I get out on the road by 7am, it's a smooth 15 minute drive.  Past 7, it turns into 30 minutes.

When I come home, from 4pm to 6pm it's like a parking lot.  30 minutes easy.  45 on a bad day.

So if they fix it, that saves 15 minutes each way, 30 minutes a day, 2.5 hours a week!  Think what training I could do with that extra 2.5 hours!!!!!!!  Ok ok, MAYBE I'll use it to hang out with the family more.  =)  Kidding!  But it would make life a little nicer not to waste 2.5 hours a week sitting in my car.  Spending time with the Fam or working out would be an upgrade over car time.

5 comments:

TRI714 said...

This is all good and the Chiefs won.

Christi said...

That is exciting about the highway improvements!

Jason said...

Great news, but what happened to Bowe? Killed me in wk 13 of FFB....needed a win and now I need help for playoffs....

RFalkenrath said...

Ah Jason, when will you learn? Never ever use any offensive player from the Chiefs! It was safe with Holmes early 2000's but past that there is no consistancy... 4th and 2 at the 2 yard line and Haley goes for it and Cassel gets sacked... and you have the 2nd leading rusher in the NFL, McCluster and T Jones... and you try to pass??? C'mon man!

Jason said...

Had the Priest and won a title. Thought I'd go back to the well, and for the last 7 weeks Bowe has been fantasy gold. I still think I get in the playoffs so it didn't kill me.