Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cover your wallet

So yesterday while looking through the old credit card statement, I noticed a suspect charge.

I didn't do it.

My wife didn't do it.

I'm pretty sure my 2 year old and 4 month old didn't do it.

CERTAIN the dogs didn't do it.

Called up where the charge was from.  Order was placed over the phone, picked up and no one signed for it.  Another credit card loophole found.  You don't need a skimmer or any email hacking skills to do this trick.  Just get the card while someone isn't looking, call something in and put the card back.  No one is the wiser and what makes it even more slick is that it's a local charge.  It didn't stand out from the other KS charges.

I won't bore everyone with the details of how exactly it was done, but it was slick and probably someone we casually know from a work environment.  Lunch was on us for a day.

I'm sure ALL of you check your bills religiously every month, right?

If you don't, better start.


TRAINING
Back it at with a BRIK this morning.  15 miles on the trainer and 2 on the treadmill.  Would have been more if not for the NyQuil haze keeping me snoozing this morning.
Workouts 1, Colds 0 - for today

2 comments:

Christi said...

That really sucks! Thanks for sharing and I will check my credit cards more often.

Ransick said...

Scary about the credit card. My wife always makes me turn my card up side down when I'm waiting for the waitress to pick it up to pay for lunch just in case people are trying to read it and write the numbers down. I always turn it right side up just to bug her. I won't tell her she might be right :-).