Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW DAY

So here in KC we are getting covered (not really "hit", as it's a light fluffy easy going snowfall) with a nice wintry snow.  Not really blizzard conditions but constant snowfall today with temps in the 20's and wind chill in the teens to single digits.





So, no riding outside this week and running outside probably won't happen either.  Thanks to my cold last week I developed an ear infection to go along with an eye infection.  Technically they were not diagnosed as an ear infection and pink-eye, but they were close enough to warrant antibiotics.

COWORKERS are safe!  24+ hours and you are not contagious if you have pink-eye.

So no outside and more than likely no swimming this week.  I may shoot for Friday getting the pool but I won't hold my breathe... except in the pool... swimming humor.


TRAINING
Last week
Biking - 45 miles
Running - 13.5 miles
Swimming - 6000 yards
6.9 hours total

Not sure how this week will play out.  I skipped this morning to make up for coughing all last night and tonight will be spent shoveling the driveway.  At least I'll get some strength and cardio there, right?  That counts??

Need to start ramping up the training for the KS IM 70.3 in June.  No swimming this week doesn't help but what can you do.  I'll try and get some lifts in that mimic swim movements.  Ben Greenfield who also writes for EverymanTri has this article for non-water swimming workouts.


FALKEETRIATHLON
Added Fluid Recovery Nutrition to the collection of sponsors!  They offer quality products for recovery drinks that are very important after a taxing workout.

Overall I'm pretty pumped how Falkee Triathlon is taking off.  Right now I'm up to my eyeballs figuring out who to get on board as far as athletes go.  60+ people submitted their info and I think I can now sit down and get the list squared away.


CHIEFS
Really?  WTF?  The second half was just gross.  Luckily I had Liam to smile, drool and laugh at me to entertain me.


KU BASKETBALL
15-0 into Big 12 (Little 10 next year?) play.  They didn't look great but they got the win.  They remind me so much of last year.  Think they can just turn it on and win any game.  Second round early exit this year????  Hope not.

1 comment:

Christi said...

What happened to the Chiefs?! That was not fun!

I hope you heal quickly!