Thursday, January 13, 2011

It's Cold In KC

It's hard to escape the warm covers to even get up and get ready for work, let alone get up early to train.


Arctic temps are set to head out for a few days this weekend so I'm hoping to get out for a lunch run tomorrow.  We shall see how that works out.  I'm over my cold enough that I feel comfortable heading out.  But, I still have a clogged ear from my ear infection and can't hear 100% so I'm still holding off on swimming this week which doesn't bode well for gaining strength on that sport.


TRAINING
It's cold.  Simply put.  It's cold outside, in our house, in the basement, at work, in the car, at the gym... it's cold.  So, trainers and treadmills have been my friends.  We all knew it would come to this during the KC winter so here it is.  Buck up.

So far this week:
15 Miles Biking
7.05 Miles Running

Impressive, yes?  Hoping for a 20 mile in the am and 8 miles over lunch tomorrow.  Cross your fingers work doesn't get in the way.  =)


EXAMINER
Local KC events this weekend
Road ID - get one
Athlete Types - poking fun of some serious athletes


FALKEE TRIATHLON
We've begun adding athletes!
Check out their bios and blog pages to get to know them!
Scott Askins - Navy Officer
Alan Finder
Brett Long
Gregg Pelicone
They will be representing the project and getting the word out about programs such as The Regimen!

1 comment:

TRI714 said...

burrrr. And whats up with my beloved Cheifs.
Also i liked your read on Every tri man today.