Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Snow? Hello? Any Snow Here?

None yet... which means it will be here for rush hour, I'm sure.

Snowmagedeon has yet to hit KC.  Should be an interesting drive to swimming tomorrow morning if we get the 5 to 8 inches of snow they called for.


TRAINING
Managed a 20 mile trainer ride this morning!  It was a tough debate to drag out of the nice warm bed to go to the dark, cold basement office to ride.  I got up late enough that swimming was out of the question so I made sure to get at least 20 in to make it worth my time.  Worked out perfect.

I also must say that I have upgraded my phone to android and it's SWEET!  LG Optimus... and all the apps it will support!  Daily Mile, twitter, facebook and the best, google reader for the blog subscriptions.  In the past I would skim them before work and over lunch, not really able to dive too far into the lengthy posts since I'm suppose to work at work - what a concept.  So, the google reader on my phone allows me to catch up while riding the trainer.  Used to be the miles would drag a little but by the time I caught up with everyone 17 miles had passed.  And, I kept it at 19.7 mph so I wasn't spacing on intensity.  SWEET!  Why didn't anyone tell me about this before??  I know probably everyone knew about this but me, but a nice feature and time saver.


EXAMINER
Latest events around Kansas City


TRIATHLON
So, I see a lot of peeps out there hooked up with Team Trakkers.  That's a pretty sweet gig and I admit I sent in an app as well.  I was in the running until they used location in relation to races to make the cuts.  No hard feelings, you had to use something to separate people.

But, I applied other places as well besides what Falkee Triathlon sponsors we have.

Low and behold, Planet X Tri team accepted me!



I get great prices on their products and I'll be racing on their 82/101 wheelset this season!  First venture into tubulars so we will see how that goes.

So, I'm pumped!  It's a great opportunity to be a part of their team!  Stay tuned for race results and takes on their wheelset!


MISC
Newsletter coming out asap!  If you are not on the email list, sign up on the upper right box on the blog!  Thrilling stuff!!!!
-------------------------------------->

1 comment:

Christi said...

Congratulations! That is sweet!