Monday, February 7, 2011

Gotta Love DVR

So we didn't go out anywhere to watch the Super Bowl. We just stayed at home. With a semi-sick toddler, infant and gimpy Mommy, it was the best course of action for the big game. I'll run you through the DVR splits:
  • DVR pause started with pizza delivery at kickoff. 10 minutes behind.
  • DVR to feed grumpy infant - 10 minute lap, 20 minute total
  • DVR to clean up spilled gatorade on floor from toddler - 15 minute lap, 35 minute total
  • DVR to feed toddler, 10 minute lap, 45 minute total
There were a few other pause moments, but those were the big ones.  Overall the splits were consistent.  I was hoping to pick up the pace at the end but it just wasn't in the cards.  Nutrition was solid with dominos pizza, gatorade and diet 7up and water.  To get that final kick we had rice crispy treats and cookie cake.

It's all amusing but DVR paid for itself last night!  Figured if I want to watch the game "real-time" I would need to utilize the DVR b/c as most parents know, you can't ignore the kiddos or else they will revolt.  =)  Order of business:
  1. Keep kiddos happy
  2. Help gimpy wife
  3. Keep house from burning down
  4. Watching football and commercials

TRAINING
Got the weekend run and ride in thanks to Em working with me on schedule.
Biking : 51 miles
Running : 13.75 miles
Swimming : 4100 yards
8.6 total hours - 3 of it being shoveling snow


RACES
Found my race photos from action sports images for Groundhog Run.  Thanks to Steve in a Speedo, I noticed my pirate/stop watch shot.  Before I started reading his blog, I never really notice that type of stuff... thanks Steve.

I tried out temp tattoos from my sponsors.  They worked ok but they were too small.  Need to run some larger ones off as you can't really make them out.


ARRR MATIE!

Always run with arms up high... not sure why.


See my sponsor tats on left arm?  Me neither, need to be larger.



That's all for today. Today is an off day after 6 days on, need to rest but it's hard to mentally make it ok not to do anything.  =)  Hope Monday treats everyone well!

1 comment:

Christi said...

I like the pirate photo shots!