Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Let it Snow?

NO MORE!

I used to like the white stuff (SNOW PEOPLE) but it's gone way too far now.  Eight inches of powder may be good for the slopes in Colorado, but they suck to shovel in Kansas!  God bless the plow drivers but man that stuff they plow up at the end of the driveway is DENSE and HEAVY!


TRAINING
Mostly snow shoveling.  Hoping to get a good treadmill workout tomorrow morning.  Been hectic at home so not sure where I can fit the pool in this week, yikes.

My best friend was my cold weather cycling gloves and the hand warmers I had in the closet.  COLD doesn't begin to describe it.  Definitely ready for spring.

How do you peeps up north do it!?  Maybe you have snow blowers and snow fences....?









I know these last two are dark... and since I was shoveling at 5am, that's the way I want to remember it... not being able to tell what really happened.

EVERYMAN TRI
I found a guy writing a blog that runs triathlons and he completed the P90X program!  I'm curious how he will fair and if he thinks the program benefited his triathlon endeavours.  ps - I didn't pick the story pictures.... =)


EXAMINER
For anyone in the KC area running the Oz race in Olathe in April, sign up asap to get an early bird discount!
Groundhog run review from last Sunday.

2 comments:

Christi said...

I love the new look of the blog. And I don't like all this snow either but we didn't get as much as you. We just have the damn bitter coldl!

Anonymous said...

Fear not - to the east its as bad. Germany is cold enough to refrain from almost any outside activity. Had my bicycle TT units and by now had to stop again. Yet good news for us: in some parts we are just about to get rid of the snow - as we speak.

Yeahhh. In case you don't mind people sniggering: consider using the shovel a training unit :D