Monday, June 6, 2011

HH Recovery / IM KS Taper

So it's like killing two birds with one stone, right?   Recovering from the Hospital Hill Half Marathon Saturday and tapering for IM KS 70.3.  That's how I justified sleeping through another scheduled morning workout today (luckily it's smaller workouts and I have been getting distance in).  Just could not pull myself out of bed.  I'm sure it didn't help that I have a little sun burn from the pool this weekend.  First really hot weekend with open pools around here so of course we had to take the kiddos out and 3 year olds can go forever at the pool!  Problem was, we weren't in form yet for pool season and spaced out taking sunscreen.  I opted just to keep a shirt on and I think that saved me from more pain that I'm in right now.

TRAINING - last week
Biking : 63.4 miles
Running : 26.7 miles
Swimming : 4000 yards
Total Time : 9:07


I wanted some more swims in but it didn't happen with the short week and lunch commitments.  This week I'm hoping to get swims in early in the week and keep Friday and Saturday open for a little ride or run with some intensity to keep the legs loose.

Weather.com calls for high of 84 with 30% chance of isolated storms Sunday in Lawrence.  Temps look a little more friendly than this past weekend but crossing my fingers for no severe weather.

EXAMINER
Hospital Hill Race Results.
Some news from the Midwest Triathlon Series and the upcoming Midwest Mayhem.

1 comment:

Christi said...

I am praying the weather gods smile on you this weekend!