I made it!
If you recall my pre-flight post to IM Boulder, there were many questions about traveling as a triathlete.
- I didn’t get bumped. I guess enough people took vouchers and later flights that they shoe horned us in after they down-sized the plane.
- I got on with my transition bag packed and a small backpack for the laptop and miscellaneous items.
- No overweight charges for the bike bag! Frontier held true to their baggage guidelines and did not charge me an outrageous fee to travel with my bike. $15 for a checked bag. SCORE one for the broke triathlete!
- Thank the lord – Starbucks at KCI was open at 5AM!!! SCORE one for the tired triathlete!
- I got enough charge on the laptop to write some post drafts! Lucky you guys!
- The bike bag wasn't completely unscathed. It took a hit on the front where the fork support is. Looks like I will need to track down some duct tape.
Now, the next order of business will be to try and re-assemble the bike and hope it works, check in for the race, and find the house I’ll be staying at!
KANSAS CITY AREA HAPPENINGS
Banff Tickets On Sale Saturday August 6th!
Films Screen At Liberty Hall, September 9 & 10!
Tickets for the 10th Annual Banff Mountain Film Festival go on sale tomorrow, August
6th! Ticket prices are unchanged this year at $8.50 per night, with proceeds going to
the Lawrence Mountain Bike Club and the KU Rock Climbing Club. We've got a great
slate of films lined up for this year's Festival and we know you're going to enjoy it.
Tickets are available at either Sunflower Outdoor & Bike Shop or the Liberty Hall box
office (and through Ticketmaster). Both shows were a sellout last year, so if you're
hankering to attend...act fast!
VIVOBAREFOOT Flash Sale - Up To 60% Below Retail On Running Shoes At TheClymb.com. Event Ends 8/08/2011 At 9AM PDT.
Save 45%-53% On ALL Puma Running Shoes & Apparel!
Save up to 40% at the CampingWorld.com Late Summer Sale!
New Markdowns Up to 60% Off at SpeedoUSA.com!