Friday, September 9, 2011

Greg Vaughn running 3000 miles in memory of 9/11 victims

From Greg Vaughn:

This is my running route for the first leg of my 3000-minute run to honor the victims of 9/11. My plan is to start at noon Friday, 9/9 at the Overland Park Fire Training Center and do a conservative running/walking pace on the sidewalks of Overland Park and Olathe to the Great Mall of the Great Plains. Once at the Great Mall, I'll continue running on the adjacent roads and parking lots on the west side of the mall until the end of the Patriots' Run at 9:11pm on Sunday. Any of you who want to join me on Friday and Saturday, or during the Patriots Run on Sunday are welcome! I won't be hard to spot - just look for the guy carrying a large American flag!

These are my approximate times for Friday:
12:00pm - Leave O.P. Fire Training Center 9-11 Memorial
12:45pm - College Blvd & Metcalf Ave
02:00pm - Metcalf Ave & 135th St
02:45pm - 151st St & Antioch Rd
03:30pm - 135th St & Switzer Rd
04:45pm - 119th St & Quivira Rd
05:15pm - 119th St & Black Bob Rd
06:15pm - 151st St & Black Bob Rd
07:00pm - Arrive at The Great Mall of the Great Plains, Olathe. (NOTE: I will be heading to the La Quinta Inn to get my stuff and setup for the weekend. Look for the red tent near the west side of the theaters. That is where I'll be running all weekend!)

These times can change. I've tried to account for traffic and crosswalks, as well as people stopping to ask what the heck I'm doing! I will provide as many live updates on Facebook as I can. Distance is right at 26.2 miles! This will be slow! I'm trying to run the equivalent of nearly eight marathons in a row non-stop!

Click here for a Google Map:http://g.co/maps/5uvg
By: Greg Vaughn

SALES


SPY Flash Sale - Save Up To 60% On Men's And Women's Lifestyle Sunglasses At TheClymb.com. Expires 9/12/2011 At 9AM PDT.

No comments: