As the temps have lowered and daylight is harder to come by with sunrise later and sunset earlier, I find it hard to get my happy butt out of bed. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about getting my swim, bike or run on, but I wish it was between the hours of 7am to 7pm. I do get some lunch workouts in, but eliminating AM workouts just makes everything that much more cramped.
List of things giving me AM workout block and possible solutions:
- Later sunrise - can't really control that.
- Cooler temps - need more layers of clothes, up earlier, arg.
- Cooler temps in bedroom that make those covers EXTRA comfortable - we have a programmable thermostat. Maybe I'll get that set to raise the temp to like 80 so I'm hot, sweaty and can't sleep at 4am. I wonder how The Wife would appreciate that....
- Just plain tired - get to bed earlier. Easier said than with chasing two kids until 8:30 and them needing to get stuff around the house done. It's hard enough with The Wife and I trying to track down the kiddos at night.
- Work - if only I could do work whenever I wanted. The whole 7:30am - 5:30pm deal cramps my style. Ya know? If only I could get my 45 in whenever it fit the schedule. Have WORK run around LIFE, but I don't think that will happen. =)