You still haven't signed up for the Ward Parkway Thanksgiving Day 5k Run/Walk? What are you waiting for? We have awesome pie tin awards for top in age group, pilgrims and turkeys running the course and more. This will be the most fun you've ever had at a Thanksgiving Day Run, period.Register now and be a part of putting the Ward Parkway Thanksgiving Day Run/Walk on the map in Kansas City!
Top Five Reasons You Should Run
The Ward Parkway Thanksgiving Day 5k Run/Walk
1) Be Thankful For Your Health - What better way to start your Thanksgiving than to celebrate your health. Maybe this is your first 5k or perhaps you are looking for a new PR. Whatever the reason, get out, be active and celebrate the gift of health with your friends and family! Sign up to celebrate! [+]
2) Work up an appetite - Pumpkin Pie, turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes...all of your favorite Thanksgiving Day foods will taste even better after a great workout to start the day. We'll have some cider, coffee and soup after the run to give you a quick boost, but we vote to stay a little hungry until that Thanksgiving Day dinner is ready...then devour away! Click here to get signed up! [+]
3) Start a tradition - Holidays center around traditions and Thanksgiving is no different. Start a new tradition with your friends and family and run the Ward Parkway Thanksgiving Day 5k every year. Some cities have more than 5,000 runners on Thanksgiving Day morning and we want to challenge for the biggest and best race around. Start your tradition today [+]
4) Get ahead of the New Years Resolution curve - Why wait until 2012 to get in a routine? Run, walk or stroll along Ward Parkway and set a goal for yourself to get ahead of the rest of the pack and on the way to making running a part of your life. We all know it's easy to make resolutions in January, but get started sooner! Beat the New Years rush now! [+]
5) A Scenic Course - Why wouldn't you want to run on one of the most beautiful roads in Kansas City? We will start at 85th St. and head south almost to Wornall Rd, then loop back up the other side of Ward Parkway going North to 83rd St., turn south on Ward Parkway to the Finish at 85th St. Click here to run and take it all in! [+]
And if that isn't enough, we've got a choice between a 10 inch pumpkin pie or a race shirt. Whether you are running for the dough, or running just for show, there is fun to be had by all!
Online 5K Registration- $23.00, Kids Fun Run $10.00
Mail-in 5k Registration - $25.00, Kids Fun Run $12.00
After Nov. 22nd 5k - $30.00, Kids Fun Run $15.00 Note: No extra fees for online registration.
Packet Pickup: Wed. November 23, 2011 from noon-5 p.m. at Garry Gribble's Running Sports in Ward Parkway Center.