Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Training by the numbers

It's always a challenge to get the time in during the holidays.  You have traveling, family time, friend time and eating time.  If you really want it, you can get it in.

Luckily the weather over Thanksgiving was glorious around where we went and I was able to get a run in on T-day.  I slipped in a trainer ride in the AM Wednesday morning before we left town and the kids got up (well, they were up for the last 20 minutes).  We also came back Friday for Em to go to work Saturday, so I crammed in another trainer ride Saturday during nap time and a long run Sunday after church.

See, it can be done!  You just have to take advantage of the opportunities when you have them.  Be ready at a moment’s notice.  It took some managing of eating and meal time so I wasn't loaded down with food for a workout.  Worked well to eat smaller meals than one big feed your face fest.

The Numbers:
Biking - 41 miles
Running - 18.3 miles
Swimming -4000 yards
Total Time - 6:45 hours

Still trying to revive the morning workout routine!

3 comments:

Mark said...

It was my first time actually training over thanksgiving. Needless to say, it didn't go as I wanted. But, I will be better prepared for Christmas/Next year!

Christi said...

Great job for getting the workouts completed! I got one done but then it fell apart!

runnergirl training said...

Excellent job!!