Thursday, January 12, 2012

Good start to an interesting day

So I was able to drag up in the AM before work to get a ride in...
But it was inside on the trainer as we here in Kansas City are finally introduced to winter weather with about a quarter of an inch of snow.  By the weather forecasters, you would think the city would shut down.  One school district actually cancelled classes... for less than 1/2 inch of snow.  Really?  I remember walking up hill, both ways in 2 feet of snow back in my day...


But, I got the ride in, which felt great and I'm looking forward to a VO2 Max test over lunch.  It's for a study that I'll be writing some articles on and it's for free to subject myself to the torture.  I've never ran a VO2 Max test so it should be interesting.  Hopefully I can get someone to take pictures.

The tough part is no caffeine 6 hours before and nothing to eat 2 hours before.  I've made it so far on the caffeine part, but I need to plan a snack right before the 2 hour cutoff...

On the Examiner front, I wrote about why we need Jan 1 to start a resolution...
I'm not really sure how it started, and I'm too lazy to google why, but I think it's time we start changing our lives for the better immediately instead of on Jan 1.  What do you think?  Check it out HERE.

It just seems absurd that we all say "Jan 1, my life changes!".  Why wait?  Do it now?  If you already fizzled on your resolutions, don't say "well, I'll look to Jan 1, 2013 to try it again".  Hopefully positive life changes don't need a set date.

1 comment:

Mark said...

Have fun with the VO2. I had one done at KU a while back, and needless to say, you will suffer a bit. But the more you suffer, the better the numbers! But, you should definitely know that, anyway.