Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Thanks to @SRAMontheroad - yesterday got even better!

So not only did I have a stellar workout and good start to the day yesterday, the end of the day was even sweeter as I found out my SRAM shifter from my Trek would be covered under warranty!
You may recall the below picture...


Not pretty.  It was a tough mechanical failure to deal with, bad timing and was looking to cost upwards of $300, even with using a lower line of SRAM parts.

SRAM to the rescue!  The bike was bought 2 years and 2 months ago... thus out of SRAM's technically 2 year warranty period.  BUT, being the bada$$es they are, they said (and I'm paraphrasing), "we got you covered".

That's 3 times my Trek store here in KC has stepped up to back their products.  I'm mixed on the reaction though... it's great the fact they have come to the rescue on a paint issue, work order confusion issue and now a warranty issue, but that isn't giving me warm fuzzies about my bike.  This is the most issues I have had with a road bike, ever.  All my other bikes were used and I put just as many miles on them, if not more and didn't have this many reasons to take it to the shop.  I'm not sure if the bike is a little more "delicate" than the other brands or what.

But, at least the Trek store is standing behind their products, and you can't ask for much more than that.

No comments: