Friday, April 20, 2012

Kansas Half Marathon by @KCRunningCO preview


Another half marathon in less than a week!?  Yes, if you have been following the old blog here, I’ll be running my second half race in a week.  I ran Rock the Parkway half last Saturday and set a new PR.  This Sunday I will be running the Kansas Half in Lawrence.

This will be a different set of conditions than last Saturday.
  1. I’m not really out to set a PR for a number of reasons.
  2. I’m not tapering as much this week to stay on track for IMKS training.  I won’t have the engine and rest to try and push sub 7:30 minute miles for 13.1miles.
  3. I need to recover from running so hard Saturday.  I have felt the effort in my workouts and there’s no need to push my body further and get injured or sick.
  4. I’ve raced this race a few times in the past, but the course has changed significantly over the years.  I have never run the entire route this will be on, so I’m not up to speed with where I can make my moves to get a new PR.
  5. I’m ready for a laid back race.  I’m shooting for 1:50 and to have a good time.
I wrote up a little more detailed preview of the course and event HERE.

It’s a part of the Heartland 39.3 race series, so I want to get a respectable time, but I know I’m not going to be in contention for winning money in the series or anything.

Time to lace up the Pumas, suck down SIX Nutrition and Push Endurance and get it on!





No comments: