Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Heartland 39.3 Series Results

Have you been reading my blog?  If so... surely you have read about me blathering on about the Heartland 39.3 Series?



I've seen s a lot of series come and go around Kansas City, so when Heartland 39.3 came around, I was apprehensive, but excited at the same time since the KC Running Company is pretty reputable.

In a media pass / blogger arrangement type agreement, the KC Run Co allowed me to race each event and participate in the series and I related previews, race recaps and my personal survey results.  Check out Man Vs Triathlon to see all the articles for the series.

Each race was a good experience and overall, the series was a nice touch to enhance the race experience and tie 3 quality runs together.

____________________________________________________________
And then they posted the series results...
Most series fall flat when coming to the end.  Very few offer prizes and fewer less actually come back and post results.

Heartland 39.3 followed through!

Check out the results HERE.

Personally, I finished 30th out of 182.  Not too shabby for a slow half marathon runner.  No prize money, though.  ;)

They figured your placing on the total time for all 3 half marathons.  My results were;
  • Ryan Falkenrath - Olathe KS Series Total - 4:59:42.8 - 30th overall
  • Rock the Parkway - 1:37:13.1 – 165 place
  • Kansas Half Marathon - 1:43:17.2 – 175 place
  • Running with the Cows - 1:39:12.4 – 75 place 
It was a great experience and I hope to be at it again in 2013.

If you are looking for some half marathons in early spring next year, consider signing up!

2 comments:

Mark said...

Not to mention your run volume should be set for IMKS!

RFalkenrath said...

All a part of the plan to stay motivated to keep up the running miles... ;)