Friday, October 19, 2012

Hit the Kansas City Marathon expo

It's that time!
Fall marathon time!

Hit up the expo for my bib, timing chip and tech t shirt for the KC Marathon.

The expo was hopping as usual with great vendors and some interesting "why are they here" vendors.

I also admit I was disappointed when the race announced that finisher shirts were no longer a part of the registration, but you would have to pay for one if you wanted it.  That was until the RD saw me lamenting the fact on facebook and saw me at the expo.

After chatting with him, he explained that the full AND half marathon people get tech tee's for registration and that cost was mitigated by no free finisher shirts for the marathon peeps.

2011 half and full runners got a nice cotton tee at expo, and marathon finishers got a long sleeve tech tee.  No finisher short for the half runners.

For 2012 half and full, runners get a nice tech tee (different shirts for each distance) and no finisher shirt for free.

After it's all said and done, the event incurred more cost to print up tech tee's for both distances for expo and scrap the finisher shirt for the marathon.

The shirts are pretty sharp, so I don't have a huge issue with that.

Wish me luck on my 26.2 mile adventure Saturday!


No comments: