Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Revisiting X-Camp and early morning workouts

It was a long time coming..
I broke open a can of whoop ass and drug my butt out of bed for some early morning working out.

Well, if you want to get technical, John Brown opened the can of whoop ass and I was there in body, not necessarily in mind at 5am.  I revisited X-Camp, which is a little more hardcore than your cross-fit or boot camp class.  His implements of torture aren't the normal weights and items sitting around the house, er gym.

Large ropes attached to bags of sand you pull around the gym, tractor tires, medicince balls, sledge hammers, stair runs and all kinds of nasty fun.

It did remind me of rule number 1 for Brown's house of fun, bring gloves.

The only souvenirs we collect here are bloody knuckles and broken bones
Bloody knuckles and broken bones.  Luckily I skipped the broken bones, but I do have some nice rope burn and rope fibers stuck in my hands.  It was a good pain, though.


Ya, it's not all that bad, but it's both hands and a few blisters.  Makes hacking on the computer at work a little more difficult.  You know, as difficult as a desk job could be, physically.

I've definitely missed the change up of strength training.  I have been trying to stay in the weights, but it's SOOOOO boring to lift and push in the standard gym.  Believe me, an hour goes by pretty fast when it's all you can do to get the workout done in time to get ready for work.

Here's to an early Monday morning well spent!

No comments: